The Pilgrimage

Waiting to board @ Pearson International Airport
YYZ > YVR
View of mountains in British Columbia from the airplane
An aquarium inside the Vancouver International Airport
Narita International Airport
Green Tea KitKat @ Narita Duty Free
A sumo wrestling match I watched during my layover  
Shrimp and Vegetable Fritter Udon @ Cafe Leo 5
All Nippon Airways  on-flight offering

I sat next to a nice 78-year-old Japanese woman on my flight to Tan Son Nhat International Airport. Through broken English/Japanese, a pen and paper, a map of the world, and the aid of the flight attendant, we had a conversation about the places we've traveled to and our families. She was kind enough to show me pictures of her family, asked me if I liked Japanese girls, and even tried to hook me up with her granddaughter. As we were preparing to exit the plane she got the flight attendant to translate a message to me. "Thank you for being so kind, I really enjoyed sitting beside you during this flight. You're very young, so dream big, because dreams do come true."

True story.

No comments: